The Tech Blog Writer Podcast, May 23rd, 2018
Today we have the CEO and co-founder of ClearSky, Ellen Rubin. Ellen built a career on finding people with outrageous ideas and launching companies that help bring those ideas to fruition. Her first entrepreneur endeavor, Netezza, revolutionized data warehousing before it was purchased by IBM in 2010 for nearly $2 billion. Her second company, CloudSwitch, was named a “Cool Vendor” by Gartner before being acquired by Verizon. She’s been on an incredible journey, lots of adventures and a wealth of experience in the tech industry.
- Why Amazon and other cloud vendors shouldn't predicate their business on huge data centers in the middle of nowhere.
- Why IoT applications that require an instantaneous response and user interactivity can't be in the cloud.
- How IT can figure out which data should stay at the edge.
- How the balance between enterprise data centers and regional cloud “hubs” is a challenge IT teams are just beginning to face.
- Why the edge is needed for successful hybrid models and cloud adoption.