Maybe you’ve already cast your vote in Round 1 of Tech Madness—and if so, thanks! If you’re still doing your research though, this might help—here’s a quick snapshot of all 64 companies that are part of this year’s bracket contest. I've also linked to our past coverage of each company. (For all the background details on the Tech Madness contest, go here.)
Below the list you can also cast your vote. Round 1 voting runs through Tuesday @ 4 p.m.
BOONDOCK SAINTS CONFERENCE:
1. SimpliVity: Products that aim to drastically simplify the management of virtualized data centers, by delivering what's known as a “hyperconvergence” of IT products.
2. Actifio: Software for copy data virtualization, a way to reduce unnecessary duplication of data
3. Acquia: Originally focused on cloud services for Drupal, the open-source content management system, the company is now bringing its cloud- and data-focused content services to different kinds of Web businesses.
4. Onshape: Cloud-based mechanical engineering software—aims to offer the “future of CAD” (i.e. computer-aided design).
5. Jana: Provides free Internet access to those in emerging markets that are struggling to afford it; users agree to try out new apps in exchange for receiving free airtime.
6. PillPack: Next-gen online pharmacy; PillPack ships personalized/pre-sorted medications that customers order online, aiming to make it easier to take your pills at the right times, in the right doses.
7. AppNeta: Software for application performance management.
8. ClearSky Data: Offers what it calls a global storage network, with the goal of dramatically simplifying the way companies manage their data while also cutting costs.