Can object storage ever be as fast as block storage? It turns out the answer is yes.
And we already know how to do it.
I was speaking to the CTO of ClearSky Data, Laz Vekiarides, about their block storage system for enterprise applications. They offer
. . . a Global Storage Network that manages the entire enterprise data lifecycle, as a fully-managed service.
ClearSky is a cloud-based service that makes some usual and unusual promises:
- Eliminate storage silos.
- Pay as you grow – and populate thin-provisioned volumes.
- On-premise performance + cloud scale.
- Multi-site data access without replication.
- Fully managed, 24×7 support.
- Guaranteed 99.999% uptime.
- Consumption-based pricing.
- Substantially lower cost than legacy arrays AND AWS EBS.