The brains of the storage system live in a nearby point of presence (PoP) on the metro edge at a data center provider such as Equinix. Our patented Smart Tiered Caching™ technology ensures that data is where it needs to be when it’s needed. We also cache both hot and “warm” data there so that, if the data a user or application needs isn’t available locally, it can be drawn down from the PoP, which is still close enough to provide high performance.
Finally, all data (including cold data) is ultimately stored in the cloud, which provides unlimited capacity and massive redundancy.
There are plenty of advantages to our storage service architecture, but let’s look specifically at data protection and DR. With our service, enterprise IT gains the ability to:
- Take snapshots of the entire data set as often as every minute without any impact on the production environment, providing a recovery point objective (RPO) of near zero
- Instantly fail over to a second data center in case of disaster
- Easily recover from security breaches such as a ransomware attack
- Restore data, even very large files, in mere minutes
- Decommission backup software, backup storage, replication systems and redundant DR sites
Robert has much more about our architecture, data protection and DR in the webcast. You can view it here!
Interested in learning how ClearSky can help you simplify your storage infrastructure, cut costs and achieve RPOs and RTOs of near zero? Sign up for a demo today.