A rallying cry is going up in data centers across the land. “Give us liberty, or give us…just give us liberty. Please?”
From the C-suite to the IT department, enterprise leaders are eager to declare independence from the broken backup processes that leave them burdened with the task of making multiple copies of their growing data stores – terabytes and terabytes generated by IoT devices, machine and log data, and other modern applications that leave the data spigot turned on full force.
Built-in data backup and protection is the answer to that cry, and it's at the heart of the Declaration of Backup Independence we published today.
When you tap the cloud for primary on-demand storage, you can get out of the endless cycle of provisioning hardware, software and infrastructure. You also gain the reality of built-in data protection. No more multiple data copies. No more tape. No more expensive secondary data centers. No more egress fees for access.
In their place, you get:
- Data access from anywhere – Stop replicating data for the purpose of protection. You can leverage one durable copy of your data and access it where it’s needed – on-prem or in the cloud.
- Guaranteed recovery – Recovery point objectives (RPO) 0 and recovery time objectives (RTO) < 1 min.
- Built-in data security – Security is an essential component of any data protection solution. This includes encryption in transit and at rest, so you can freely move your data without jeopardizing its safety.
- Simplified backup – You don’t need redundant copies of data, infrastructure, software, hardware and costs.
- We’re not calling for revolution – just awareness that there is a better way forward for data backup and protection, and it’s well within reach.
As one of our customers put it, “The fact that we don’t have to back up to tape anymore these millions of documents -- or millions of files -- is a great savings.” – Ken Adams, CIO, Miles and Stockbridge
Declare your independence from data backup burdens.