Why join ClearSky Data?
We’re building out our Global Storage Network. We offer a fully managed service to our customers that manages the entire lifecycle of their data. Our service provides the performance and security of on-premise storage while leveraging the economics, scalability, and durability of the cloud. We recently closed a $27M, second round of financing and are building out the sales team. If you find it exciting to be a part of the initial team that will build out a company from the ground up, then we are your kind of place.
So, what’s the job?
Each sales engineer will work with an account executive to cover accounts located within a metro territory. You will partner with your account executive to manage your regional business, drive qualified opportunities to a technical close, become the trusted advisor to your customers, share what you have learned within the sales engineering team to enable all of us to accelerate our growth, and work with the rest of our internal teams (product management, engineering, devops, and so on) to drive improvements to the service based on customer requirements that will lead to more closed business.
What are the requirements to be an SE?
- 7-10+ years of working with mid-range and large enterprise customers in a pre-sales engineering role, specifically in the storage field
- Deep working knowledge of several storage vendor offerings and products, such as EMC, NetApp, Pure, Dell, Nimble, and so on. Hands on knowledge is strongly preferred
- Experience running demos and POC’s. A big part of this job will be working directly with the technical teams at each customer to show demos as well as setup, configure, and run POC’s. The ultimate goal will be to fully document the results & use them to drive the technical close of the opportunity. This experience is mandatory and the more of it you have the better.
- Fluency with applications, operating systems, and virtualization technologies
- The ability to understand a customer’s requirements, both from technical and business perspectives, and draw out their pain points related to those requirements
- Strong communication and presentation skills. This includes the ability to explain technology concepts through various methods, including on a whiteboard, with a powerpoint deck, over the phone verbally, at a customer event conversationally, through e-mail, in front of a crowd while presenting, and other methods
- Owning the technical close for opportunities and working together with the local account executive to build a plan to do that for each opportunity
- Having a strong passion to be part of the early team building a company from scratch. Experience in prior startups, especially early stage startups, is strongly preferred